Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative offers educational scholarships to high school seniors each year.
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative College Scholarships 2024- Now Open!
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative offers (six) $1,000 scholarships through a program designed to enhance the future of deserving rural students.
All interested students are encouraged to apply.
Eligibility and Application Requirements:
- Applicant's parents) or legal guardian(s) must be a member of the Cooperative in good standing and currently receiving electric service.
- Applicant must be a current graduating senior with a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 attending a high school in the Cooperative's service
- Applicant must meet the academic and any other requirements for entrance into the accredited school of their choice.
- Applicant applying for a scholarship to an accredited college, university, trade school, and junior or community college must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester credit hours or their equivalent per semester.
- Applicant must complete the Cooperative's scholarship application form.
- Applicant must provide a high school transcript.
- Applicant must provide a 500-word essay on the current topic for each year.
- Applicant must provide two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Employees of CCEC and their dependents are not eligible to apply.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
- All applications will be reviewed by CCEC to verify requirements have been met,
- Applications will consider each applicant based on the following criteria: scholastic achievement, character, community involvement, leadership, educational goals, and potential future contributions to the cooperative and/or the community.
- Each applicant is asked to submit a senior photo. This photo will be published in Ruralite Magazine
- The applicant's essay question is as follows:
- "As you are close to graduation, reflect on your journey through high school. What insights or advice would you give to your freshman self? Consider the lessons learned, experience gained, and personal growth you've encountered. Share what you wish your younger self knew upon entering high school, and how these realizations have shaped your path towards the future."
Note: Online Application will NOT save unfinished progress. CCEC recommends saving responses in a separate document to ensure applicants do not lose information. Also, all communications regarding awards and application status will be via email. Please ensure you provide an up-to-date email that is checked regularly.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 17, 2024, at 11:59 pm.
AWARDS WILL BE ANNOUNCED MAY 2024.