Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative offers educational scholarships to high school seniors each year.
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative College Scholarships
Is a young person you know graduating high school and attending a college, university, or trade school in the fall? You are in luck!
Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative offers six $1,000 scholarships through a program designed to enhance the future of deserving rural students.
All interested students are encouraged to apply.
One-time scholarships in an amount to be determined on an annual basis by Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative’s Board of Directors will be awarded under the following guidelines:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or homeschool student and be a dependent of an active member receiving electric service from CCEC.
- Applicant must be applying to attend full-time (12-hour minimum) at an accredited vocational school, technical school, college, or university.
- Applicant must have achieved a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Applicant must be of good character as evidenced by two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a teacher, principal, or counselor at the education institution currently attending. The second letter of recommendation must be from a community member, employer, volunteer organization, etc. Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
- Applicant must have successfully held at least a part-time job, internship, or volunteer position within the past two years.
- Applicant must demonstrate a coherent degree plan and willingness to pursue a course of higher learning.
- Applicant must provide a 3- to 5-minute video presentation or a 500-word written essay on the selected topic for that year.
- A history of community involvement and potential for success of the applicant will be considered.
- Applications are due no later than March 16, 2023, at 11:59 pm, for a fall-semester scholarship.
- Awards will be announced on CCEC’s website in May.
- The recipient must notify CCEC upon receipt of the acceptance letter to an accredited institution if the recipient does not notify CCEC by September 30, scholarship monies will be forfeited.
- Scholarships of $1,000 or less will be paid in full upon verification of enrollment and sent directly to the educational institution registrar’s office.
- In the case of the recipient not attending the specified educational institution, failing to complete the semester or withdrawal from the institution; the full scholarship amount will be due for repayment by the recipient to CCEC within 30 days.
- This is a one-time scholarship.
Cooperatives around the world follow the same core "7 cooperative principles. These principles are a key reason that America’s electric cooperatives operate differently from other electric utilities, putting the needs of their members first. Please share how Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative embodies at least one of the principles.
Please reference the cooperative principles found at: https://www.electric.coop/seven-cooperative-principles
Note: Online Application will NOT save unfinished progress. CCEC recommends saving responses in a separate document to ensure applicants do not lose information. Also, all communications regarding awards and application status will be via email. Please ensure you provide an up-to-date email that is checked regularly.
DEADLINE: March 16, 2023, at 11:59 pm.