Every October, cooperatives all over the United States celebrate National Cooperative Month. The purpose of this half-century-old celebration is to recognize the cooperative difference, honor our heritage, and celebrate our unique spirit.
Cooperatives are different than other types of businesses, we exist to meet our member's needs not to make a profit. Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative exists to provide safe, reliable, and affordable energy to you, the members of the co-op. Equally important is our mission to serve you the energy that powers your life.
As a cooperative, we follow the 7 cooperative principles:
1. Open and Voluntary Membership- Anyone can join a co-op, regardless of race, religion, gender, or economic circumstance.
2. Democratic Member Control- Adhering to the principle of one member, one vote, our members control CCEC by deciding who leads it.
3. Member’s Economic Participation- All members invest in CCEC. This means members, not shareholders, benefit from CCEC’s profits.
4. Autonomy & Independence- When making business deals or raising funds, CCEC never compromises its autonomy or democratic member control.
5. Education, Training & Information- CCEC provides education, training, and information so that you can contribute effectively to the success of CCEC.
6. Cooperation Among Cooperatives- CCEC believes cooperatives working together is the best strategy to empower our members and build a stronger co-op economy.
7. Concern for Community- CCEC is community-minded. We seek to contribute to the sustainable development of our community.
These guiding principles are used by cooperatives around the world and were adopted by the International Cooperative Alliance in 1995. Cooperatives trace the roots of these principles to the first modern cooperative founded in Rochdale, England in 1844.
As we evolve with our members always in mind, please know that we will continue with the same commitment as always to our founding principles and the communities we serve.
Enter Our National Cooperative Month Online Raffle
To say our thanks to you, CCEC is hosting a raffle with a drawing. To participate, simply click on the link below.
(Click Link Above)
Terms and Conditions
- The raffle will be drawn weekly and will be announced on the CCEC website and CCEC Facebook page weekly.
- Winners shall be verified if they are a Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative Member
- CCEC reserves the right to draw another winner should a winning entry be not qualified.
- The raffle entry form must be filled out completely.
- Only one raffle entry per member will be counted.
- The Raffle will be open from 10/01/21 at 12:00 am to 10/28/21 at 12:00 pm.